Saturday, December 30, 2006

 



27 December, 2006

We woke up and fetched our fruit from across the road. A young friend of ours promised us she would prepare us a mixed fruit packet and she was there waiting for us before going to school. We were really traumatized to leave because Sihanoukville was really one place we absolutely loved and we relaxed so much. We got on a bus and were on our way back to Phnom Pehn. The journey was quite pleasant and there wasn’t much excitement on this bus trip. When we arrived in Phnom Pehn we knew where to go and so we got settled quickly and headed out to the market for some serious shopping. We had a box that was waiting to be filled up in Ho Chi Minh City and this was our first and last bit of shopping we would be doing. Unfortunately, we were not very successful and really didn’t find much. We went for a walk along the river and there were many locals sitting around and making hand-made flowers. It was very alive and bustling but the poverty is really bad. There are so many limbless and helpless people and quite a bit of begging too. We found our last Khmer dinner and the proceeds went to an orphanage; this would be our last meal in Cambodia. There happened to be a hairdresser right next door our hotel and so I went for a haircut. The ‘wash’ was incredible. I had a body massage on a reclining chair whilst I had my head massaged and a face wash too. Then I got a few ‘klaps’ on my head (the Thai way) I guess, and I was ready for my haircut and mostly my fringe cut. At least this time the hairdresser could speak English. We were sad to be leaving Cambodia and I think that it is a country with lots of potential, as long as another nutcase like Pol Pot doesn’t get involved!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?