Tuesday, January 30, 2007

 




24 January, 2007

It was day 2 of skiing and we were quite excited. We caught the bus into the village and we got our skis and boots on, which felt a bit tender from yesterday. We were now 5 from the original group and we had 3 other new recruits joining us. We all went up to the bunny slopes first and we practiced quite a few drills. Suddenly I completely lost it and I couldn’t turn. Rich was also struggling a bit; I guess Marlene was analyzing everything so much that we were all confused. I fell a couple of times and at one stage I couldn’t turn so I went on my own mission and lost the group completely. I went so fast that I only stopped at the carpet- finally. It was quite funny actually and to end it all off I fell after I stopped, backwards into the splits! Rich fell a few times too, mainly after he had stopped and started to slide backwards too. We went up to the Roundhouse (restaurant) for lunch and at this stage the only real views and slopes we saw were when we went for lunch. After lunch we were all so tired and our muscles were really sore so we stayed on the bunny slopes for the rest of the afternoon. Marlene didn’t want us to go onto the green yet. We were all progressing very nicely and it was another great day. This time we didn’t go straight back to Jacuzzi, instead we walked to the resort to listen to the talk we had missed. We had cookies and tea again in the warm lounge sitting by the fireplace and a sweet guy came over to chat to us about his product. I think that we were doing most of the talking since he was so ‘blown away’ by our trip and when we left we were given another $50 just for coming in. We were pretty chuffed and I guess we had another dinner paid for! We finally got back to the Jacuzzi, warmed up by our-now very stiff seized-up muscles and we had a quick pub dinner and a few ciders before collapsing into bed. This was all hard work and we were having such full days but it was all so wonderful and challenging.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?