Saturday, March 17, 2007

 



15 March, 2007

I finally got my legs waxed. Oh, what a relief! After that was out the way we decided to go to another beach called Flamingo Beach. We waited for the bus that was 45 minutes late and we got to the bay. We walked along the bay thinking it was the beach when we realized there was not one other person around. We found the beach, it was very quiet and secluded and we relaxed under a palm tree chilling out- again. Rich read whilst I went for my walk up and down sussing out the area. There were many vultures in the sky and I passed a dead bird that looked like an Eagle? Poor thing! It was massive and its claws were the size of my hand. I then went for a swim in the rough ocean and whilst standing quite near to the shore, I saw a water snake pass by. Oh my, I got such a fright since these are apparently very dangerous and the most deadly in the whole of Costa Rica. It was black with a yellow stripe- exactly the description we were told a few days ago. They are also very rare so I was quite excited about it all but then I was too scared to go back into the ocean. We headed back to the bus stop at about 16h15 because we were told that there would be a bus at 16h30 or 17h00. Well, we waited and waited and there was no bus. People were now telling us that the bus would arrive at 19h00 and so we found a bar/restaurant where we could sit and have a drink and still watch for the bus. We had a drink or two and then the place started to liven up. There was actually a party going on with live music and they had a really nice feature too- a beer barrel on tap for the guests. Since the bus wasn’t arriving, we decided to fill up with some beer from the party (which was only for guests obviously) and before we knew it we had quite a few drinks. I guess we made the most of the evening waiting for the bus but by 20h00 we decided that it was enough and we actually had to catch a taxi back to Tamarindo. Four hours and no bus!!! We got back, had a swim in the pool and collapsed into bed.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?